See PART 2 first.
This whole media circus concerning the SNC-Lavalin affair is a calculated effort to occlude from the average citizen the intricately interwoven nature of Canada’s Petro-Military-Tech companies at every level of our government. This is not a new thing. This is not a Liberal or a Conservative issue. This is not a bipartisan quibble. This is a brief glimpse behind the curtain at the wizardry of the shadow oligarchy that is really in charge.
The Military Industrial Complex is the reason we have smartphones. It is the reason we have Facebook. It is the reason we have Snapchat. It is the reason the Patriot Act and every subsequent similar piece of legislation was hushed and rushed through. We now have a generation of voting adults that have no memory of what it was like to be free and to not be at war.
There are no national borders. We are many atoms in one synchronous organism hanging on to antiquated notions of separateness.
The things we do and allow to happen in Canada; things like selling arms to oppressive regimes; affect the overall balance of the Universe. There is all kinds of evidence of the social blow-back from using petro-imperial-corporate-bomb-orgy diplomacy.
There are children coming of age in Iraq that have known nothing but war. All of the reasons we went to war there; all of the cruel awful history of Saddam; the gassing; the ethnic cleansing; all of it; irrelevant ancient history to this newly 15-18 year old Iraqi man.
Her only experience in this world being an occupation by a well organized and technologically advanced international organization of occupiers whom have never provided any reason for being there that is even remotely fathomable to the masses let alone this young Iraqi or Afghan.
We are the enemy to some of them. The same kind of evil-vile-warmongering-political-terrorist-monsters that we blew up their countries searching for.
They are the blowback.
SOME RELEVANT LINKS BELOW REGARDING SNC-LAVALIN
AND THE CANADIAN MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX
“In 2015, the RCMP charged SNC-Lavalin, along with its international division, with corruption and fraud in relation with their business dealings in Libya. The RCMP said officials at the company attempted to bribe several public officials in the country, including dictator Moammar Gadhafi, as well as other businesses in Libya. RCMP officials said SNC-Lavalin also lied to Libyan companies to defraud them of nearly $130 million.”
Links and News Articles:
- Canadian Company Manufactures Bullets for War in Iraq
- Canada’s Halliburton? SNC-Lavalin war profiteering in Iraq, Afghanistan
- Timeline: Here’s how the SNC-Lavalin controversy has unfolded
- What’s at stake for RCMP, prosecutors in the SNC-Lavalin case
- SNC-Lavalin awarded oilfield contract in Iraq
- SNC-Lavalin in the Middle East
- SNC-Lavalin awarded West Qurna phase 2 oil field contract in Iraq
- General Dynamics to Acquire Ammunition Producer SNC Technologies Inc.
- SNC-Lavalin sells defence unit to General Dynamics
- Bullets over Bay Street Shouldn’t selling munitions to an occupying force be a war crime?
- SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. History